USAGE OF THE 3 WAYS OF DISPENSING WATER
SPATAP OPERATION 3 WAYS TO DISPENSE WATER VIDEO
You will need:
- A place to hang a SPATAP & BOTTLE
- Water filled bottle (Suggest 1.5litre)
- SPATAPS to pass around the class
- A selection of different size bottles made of different materials
- A roster system grid for the teachers to fill in.
- Ask for a volunteer STUDENT. Show how to attach the bottle in situ. Explain that SPATAPS are to remain in situ and not moved unless permission from the teacher is given.
- Demonstrate 3 ways of dispensing water.
1)Minimal water mode = (Milking the cow)
2)Free Flow = (Free Flow)
3)Pump MODE = Big Wash
- Request to demonstrate the 3 ways of dispensing water
- Ask for another volunteer.
- Get student No.1 to ask for a volunteer. Student No.1 to train student No.2.
Request student No.1 to show student No.2 how to operate and check they are doing it correctly (NB. This is the start of the “Train the Trainer” and “handwashing champion role” as marked on the ROSTER sheet.
- REPEAT this step. Get student No.2 to ask for a volunteer. Student No.2 to train student No.3.REPEAT THIS PROCESS UNTIL EVERY STUDENT HAS PARTICIPATED
- Form a Queue and repeat the operation until everyone has participated and understands the SPATAP 3 ways of dispensing water.
WHEN BOTTLE IS EMPTY THE NEXT STUDENT IS TO RELOAD FULL BOTTLE USING METHOD as above.
- Refill bottles in situ using the SPATAP bottle refill method as demonstrated at the beginning of the workshop.
BREAK- Discuss what has been facilitated